HOUSTON SOIL BLENDS
What makes our soil blends stand out from the rest?
- Provides a medium to support plant growth
- Roots anchor the plant into the soil
- Holds water
- Micro-pores, organic matter and clay particles hold water, making it available to the plant
- Provides cation exchange
- Plants uptake nutrients in the form of cations (+ charged), soil clay particles and organic matter carry a (-) charge, thus holding onto nutrients and allowing the plant to uptake them from the soil
- Provides a home for soil microbes
- Soil microbes (bacteria, fungi, protozoa etc.) break down organic matter (leaves, grass etc.) and turn it into plant nutrients.