- Provides a medium to support plant growth
– Roots anchor the plant into the soil
- Holds water
– Micro-pores, organic matter and clay particles hold water, making it available to the plant
- Provides cation exchange
– Plants uptake nutrients in the form of cations (+ charged), soil clay particles and organic matter carry a (-) charge, thus holding onto nutrients and allowing the plant to uptake them from the soil
- Provides a home for soil microbes
– Soil microbes (bacteria, fungi, protozoa, etc.) break down organic matter (leaves, grass, etc.) and turn it into plant nutrients.
- New Earth has the capability to custom blend or mix soils to meet the specifications of any project. We can work directly with a landscape architect or general contractor to come up with a mix that is unique for your project. Please contact us for more information.
- All our soil blends contain compost.